ABOUT IC Netwrok
IC Network – the Iranian-Canadian Network for Employment and Entrepreneurship Mentoring-aims to help Iranian-Canadians succeed at work and in business by cooperation and networking within the Community.
The Network's core values support its vision:
• Foster an open, inclusive and respectful working relationship;
• Promote an environment that welcomes and respects diversity of views and approaches, supports innovation and promotes open debate;
• Seek consensus in making decisions;
• Work collaboratively with other stakeholders (community members/groups, non-profit organizations, business organization, governments, etc.);
• Acknowledge the contributions of established Iranian professionals and business people who are active in the community.
Goals and Objectives:
• Provide information and mentoring for Iranian job seekers (un/underemployed professionals and semi-professionals) in obtaining gainful employment.
• Provide information and mentoring for Iranian entrepreneurs in establishing new businesses.
• Link successful professionals and business people to Iranian job seekers for the purpose of mentoring.
• Provide Iranian employers with information about job-ready Iranians.
• Provide referrals for job seekers to better utilize the existing employment services.
We aim to achieve these goals through an open and innovative process, one in which diversity of views are respected. The hallmark of our network is "collaborative" effort with other stakeholders, such as community members/groups, non-profit organizations, business organizations, governments, etc.
IC Network' s Main objectives:
• Promoting cooperation and networking within the Community.
• Providing information and mentoring to Iranian job seekers (unemployment/underemployed professionals and semi - professionals) in obtaining suitable employment.
• Providing information and mentoring to Iranian entrepreneurs in establishing new businesses.
• Linking knowledgeable and established professionals and business people to Iranian job seekers for the purpose of mentoring.
• Providing Iranian employers with information about the job-ready Iranians.
• Providing referrals to job seekers to better utilize the existing employment services.
IC Network was founded in 2002 as a network of Iranian-Canadian business owners, professionals and other community members. Although originally initiated by the Iranian Community Advisory Council of Family Service Association (FSA) of Metro Toronto, IC Network was also supported by a diverse group of organizations as well as several businesses and professionals in every walk of life.
Our Vision and Mission
To take initiative in providing positive leadership in addressing the issue of unemployment, under-employment and self-employment in the Iranian community living in Canada.
Through a community capacity building approach we are committed to enhance the potential of the Iranian community in the areas of employment and self-employment in order to increase the employ-ability of members of Iranian community.